- We are excited to let all know the next location for our F2F board meeting in
March at the University of Houston’s Eye Institute located here:
4901 Calhoun Road, Houston, TX
- What’s even more exciting is that our board meeting will be in conjunction with another event called HAVIN, Houston Area Visually Impaired Network, which is an annual event at the eye institute.
- Please come and meet us and give us your thoughts on topic like: Member engagement, Family Support Groups, Fundraising, Social Media, Events, Conferences, you name it!
Questions? Contact us via messenger or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Walking directions to our meeting room:
Shulman lounge #2300, (Enter through the Heath and Biomedical Sciences Bldg. under the awning, enter through the double glass doors, go down the hallway to the end, go upstairs, turn left down hallway, and another left. The room is on that corner.)
Wednesday, October 12 at 9 AM – 2 PM
Texas School For The Blind
1100 W 45th St, Austin, Texas 78756
Friday, October 14, 2016
City of Houston – City Hall
HAPVI/TAPVI hopes to have a table however if we don’t we can still show support by attending and meeting up. Please email Deb Christoph email@example.com if you plan to attend!
Let’s spread awareness on the challenges and accomplishments of people with Vision Loss, in addition to other disABILITIES.
Friday, October 14 at 10 AM
City of Dallas – City Hall
1500 Marilla St, Dallas, Texas 75201
Saturday, August 20th | 10 AM – 12 PM | TSBVI Campus
- Join Members of the US Paralympic team heading to Rio as they share their stories and inspire us to shoot for the Gold!
- Athletes include: Patricia Walsh – Triathlon, Ben Goodrich – Judo, and
Matt Simpson – Goalball
- All Families Impacted by Visual Impairments
- Bonus: Preview of Fall Sports League for Young Athletes Visually Impaired in Austin
- Breakfast and Refreshments!
For More Info or to RSVP: Email Patty Bushland at BushlandFamily@earthlink.net http://usaba.org/
#TAPV #TSBVI #USABA
When: Sat., Sept. 24 • 10 am – 12 pm
Where: TSBVI 1100 W 45th St
Austin, TX 78756 Building 607
We are excited to offer a three part workshop series for parents on how to teach their children kitchen basics so their child can navigate the kitchen as independently as possible.
Here’s what you will learn in SESSION ONE: FIRST HOUR – “Let’s go shopping” by giving parents recipes for success in teaching their child to pick out appropriate recipes, making grocery list with assistive technology and talking about grocery shopping with their child who is VI. This exercise will be verbal instruction only with examples like: talk about what you will do with your child once you get to the grocery store; make sure you allow extra time to shop with your child-no rush no fuss; teach your child how to advocate for themselves – asking for help or a personal shopper, etc.
SECOND HOUR – “Lunch Bunch Gang” give the parents basic skills to teach their vi child how to make an appropriate lunch like a sandwich, soup, salad, etc.
This workshop is for 10 participants & parents only.
Childcare will not be provided. Please contact us below to register.
Call or email: Karen Whitty
firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-587-8246